Week in Review - November 14 - 20, 2022


Most of my week has been spent at least attempting to get words on a page for NaNoWriMo. In addition, as I am working away and things come to find, I am making notes on things I want to change up, do, add it, remove from 2023, especially my planners. 

I will confess, anything that I have been writing this month, whether it is on If You Cook... or notes or posts, I have been adding to my word count. Because of the fact the cookbook is a memoir and there are some things I don't want to actually put into a book, but want the girls to know about, I am keeping some side notes. 

Currently, as of today, Monday, the 21st, I need 20,000 more words to hit 50,000. I am pretty sure I'll make it, but that means at least 2000 words a day. That in itself is doable, but work is busy and there is Thanksgiving, so we will see. I'll probably take my iPad and little keyboard with me over to Texter and Mr. Cobra's house on Thursday when Lady K and I go over for Thanksgiving.

But this past week has been spent getting the items I need for the Thanksgiving meal, as I am taking most of the food over there.

And working on fighting a cold! 

The temperature has really dipped and earlier in the week it was not only cold, but a cold, drizzly rain. 

I had a few more books delivered and I am working on a more systematic way of reading what I get closer to when I receive them. Or order them. But that's in my future plans.

I attended my second Rosemary and Thyme Herb Society meeting on Saturday. And your's truly is now the 2023 secretary. They didn't have anyone who wanted to do it and 'tag' you're it. 

Of course, I also found about about a quilter's quilt in town which I will check out in January. Nothing like having an organization which will enable my addictions!

This coming week...

  • Picking up Lady K for Thanksgiving with us on Tuesday
  • Lady K staying with me Tuesday and Wednesday night until we go over to her mom's for Thanksgiving dinner
  • Miss Texas may come over on Friday to pick up leftovers - depending on the rain - it's a 3 hours drive in each direction for her
  • Finish NaNoWriMo (fingers crossed)
  • More thinking about 2023

But for now, it's sitting and getting more recipes and memories down on paper! 20K here I come!

 

Comments

Popular Posts