Week in Review - November 21 - 27, 2022

 



Ok, made it through Thanksgiving and I am so over turkey. And I still have enough turkey for 20 people. Some will go to the freezer, some to the dogs and some to sandwiches for quick meals after work. Plus there is some ham. But it's over and done with.

My main function, other than going to work, is churning out word count for NaNoWriMo. Hopefully, I am within spitting distance of having my 50K word count. But a wrap-up on the whole thing next week.

The weather this week went from the high 20's at night to Saturday being a lovely day. So lovely, that after work I took the bag of ginger which was happily sprouting on my panty shelf and broke it up and put it in soil. I have to keep plastic wrap over it so the cats don't think I got them a couple of new litter boxes. It also means I need to get upstairs and clean off the table upstairs to put the two large containers on. 

While I was potting up the ginger (which looked so pretty, by the way), I potted up my dahlia seedlings. So I have a little over a dozen little dahlia seedlings, hoping they do well.

But while I have been writing on my memoir/cookbook, I have been also jotting down ideas for things I want to do, or change, or whatever, in 2023. I have promised myself a trip to the bookstore to write next Friday to celebrate winning NaNo before I go have my boob squished (mammogram time).

Work has been an 'adventure' this week. Our scale, where we weigh and label our cut fruit and vegetables, broke. Now I am not the dumbest person around and I don't claim to be the smartest either. But taking over a week to get this scale 'fixed', holiday or not, seems excessive. We are awaiting an SD card apparently, which is programed with our stuff.

Now, Food Lion has over 1100 stores, about 50% are in North Carolina. All the stores use the same Hobart scales (that I am aware of). And yet, they don't have an SD card on hand to plug into the scale? 

Anyway...

Otherwise this week...


  • Finished 4 books and DNF 1 book
  • Picked up Lady K and had her at my house for two nights
  • Thanksgiving lunch with Texter and Mr. Cobra
  • Bought the tea cup and saucer for the Herb Society Christmas Tea at the Antique Mall in Little Mountain, SC.

This coming week...

  • Officially WIN NaNoWriMo!
  • Herb Society Tea
  • Paying for the Master Gardener course
  • CLEAN MY HOUSE!
  • Get some more seeds started and set up an area where I can put seedlings
  • Bath & Body Works Annual Candle Sale!

But for now, off to work and a scale that isn't working correctly.


Comments

Popular Posts