Week in Review - November 7 - 13, 2022



Hmmm...

My cover picture for this week looks very Christmas-ish. Oh, well.

This week has been a bit topsy-turvy with my days off being changed around at the last minute. However, overall it's been a pretty good week.

The BIG thing is how I'm doing with NaNoWriMo. While I am not ahead of the game, I am not far behind. In fact, as of Sunday night I was at xx,xxx words. So I'm happy.

I did get to pick up my new glasses last week. I am really loving them. I do need to pop in and have them adjusted as I need a bit of 'straightening out'. I do think not having them as transition lenses were a good idea. I feel they are a bit more 'crystal clear' without that hint of darkening behind them. 

The HUGE haul of water hyacinth I received from the week before found a good home to over-winter. And I was gifted a couple of new plants because of it. I got a Prince of Orange Philodendron and a Nepenthes 'St. Gaya'. So I am very happy.

The seedlings are a bit hit or miss at the moment. The asparagus is now up and anywhere from about 1 inch tall to about 4 inches tall. The dahlias need moving to a larger pot. I'll probably wind up putting about half of them in one pot and half in another. Same with the asparagus.

The butterfly bushes are growing nicely and I am going to have a TON of them if everything goes well. Just waiting for the rest of the stuff to start sprouting.

We braced for Tropical Storm Nicole to come through. So we went from gloomy, rainy, and warm to sunny, windy and cold. 

Because of the possibility of bad weather (it was sort-of) and Texter being sick, our weekend with Lady K was canceled. With Thanksgiving coming, where we will have her for almost a week, and me not wanting to drive total hours to pick her up and come home and not wanting her to get sick, we face timed with her a bit. 

The coming week...

  • Finish getting supplies needed for Thanksgiving dinner with Texter and Mr. Cobra
  • In-person write-in for NaNoWriMo
  • A library art event 
  • Bingo at the library
  • Herb Society meeting
  • LOTS of writing
  • Hopefully 3 visits to the YMCA for exercise

But for now, off to work to cut and dice fruit and veggies. And to drink coffee!

 

Comments

Popular Posts