Writing Wednesday - NaNoWriMo Update

As of today, we are 9 days into NaNoWriMo and I am well pleased with how much I have accomplished to date. As of last night, I was at 9997 words. Not quite the 2000 words a day I really wanted, but I'm happy with my progress.

I have been tracking my progress a couple of different ways this year. The first is a 'bubble tracker' and each bubble is 100 words.




This picture was taken Tuesday morning, so it's not completely current as of this morning. But I enjoy coloring in the bubbles and see the sheet filling up with color as the days go by.

The second method I am using is to give myself a bit of an idea of how much I can accomplish when I sit down to do a 20 minute sprint. Of course, there are a few sprints which are longer because I didn't want to stop while I was on a roll.




Both of these trackers are part of Heart Breathings Preptober handout. I worked on my cookbook set-up during October so I would be good to go come November. The only thing I wish this particular tracker had would be an area for the date. It would be nice to know what I did on what day so I could go back and see what I did on days I work and what I did on days I didn't work.

I am a tad behind since last Friday, instead of writing, I was out scoring a lot of things for my garden. I consider that a win, so I'm not too unhappy. This week, one of my days off was changed from today to be Friday. And this Friday is supposed to be a very rainy day as Tropical Storm Nicole comes through (actually by the time Friday rolls around, she might have been upgraded to a hurricane). So I plan a lots of writing while listening to the rain. 

As an added incentive to get my 50,000 words down and 'winning' NaNoWriMo, I have pre-ordered the winners t-shirt this year. I feel very positive I am going to hit the mark with this one!





Comments

Popular Posts