Writing Wednesday - Mid-Month NaNoWriMo



Actually, there are a lot more bubbles colored in at this point. As of this morning, I am at 19,519 words. Behind a bit, but doing well. 

I am off today and tomorrow and plan on trying to hit 30K words over the next 2 days. That's a little under 11K words, which I feel is doable over two days. Especially since the weather outside is chilly.

My plan, and something which is working well, is 20-on-20-off. Now that I have an 'Alexa' beside my desk, it's real easy to set a timer. I will write for 20 and then do a 'chore' or 'relax' for 20. This has been working really well so far for me when I do it. I can get about 500 words in the 20 minutes.

In the background, I listen to some YouTube videos, things I want to semi-watch, but don't have to pay attention too. I will have to pop out sometime today to return books to the library and to do the last of the Thanksgiving shopping before it gets really crazy at the grocery store.

I would like to get a bit ahead, if possible, since it's Thanksgiving next week and Lady K will be with me for a couple of nights. 

So off to get 11K down on paper (so to speak)!

 

Comments

Popular Posts