Food and Fiber Friday - And Now What?

NaNoWriMo is over and I did manage to get my 50K words written, most of it on my memoir cookbook. I am so glad the push for getting words written every day is over and I can set it aside for a month to get set for the next push on the book. A lot of it will be adding and revising memories and testing recipes. 

But, it also means I can spend some time doing planning for 2023 and setting some deadlines for various project tasks. It also means I can unwind some with my fiber projects.

Now that NaNo is over, I so have to clean up my kitchen! Today is a deep clean on the kitchen, getting rid of the last of the Thanksgiving food out of the refrigerator. Huzzah! Of course, I also have to make a batch of molasses cookies and a pan of fudge for the Herb Society tea tomorrow. 

However, I have managed to sneak in a bit of fiber fun during November. I wanted/needed a brainless project I could sit down, pick up and put down to relax after writing for several hours. 




This is the Sundogs Throw by Morale Fiber. I want to use up some of the boxes of yarn I have laying around and I am not using any plan for colors, I'm just picking and choosing on the fly. I am aiming for a bed sized throw to put on my bed. 

I haven't touched the following project in over a month. That's mainly because it's not 'brainless' and I have to think about what I'm doing. But I so want to get it finished in the next few months so I can start on a Christmas pattern I am really excited about stitching. 




This is Echo Lake by Mirabilia. It's hard to see what's going on at this point, but I have one mermaid tail started. This is not a brainless, quick project by any means.

My kitchen table has to be cleaned off. Mainly I have to reorganize the under the stairs closet so I can put seedlings in there to grow to keep them away from the cats. There is an outlet in the closet, so I can set up lights for starting plants the next few months. That will take 2 large trays of ginger which is sprouting and my dahlia 'babies' and the first flat of seedlings. 

With January just around the corner, comes more and more seedling starting, so I need a place where I can put flats until the seedlings are up. Then I need to clean off the table upstairs where I can put them (and hopefully keep the cats from bothering them). Or I may move houseplants upstairs to the table and keep the seedlings downstairs. Haven't gotten that far yet.

But with the kitchen table cleared off, I can start sewing on my quilts again. Wandering Stars needs the rows sewn together and then it will be ready to be considered 'finished' until I get some backing and get it quilted. Mariner's Compass is ready to be put together - all the 10 million parts. That's going to be a really slow process, I'm afraid. 

So I am keeping my hands busy and hope to get these 4 projects done in the next few months so I can move onto other projects! 




Comments

Popular Posts