Week in Review - December 5 - December 11, 2022



At work it has been crazy. 

First, we have the flowers for the holidays 'everywhere'!




This is just one of the many displays we have at the front of the store. And my co-worker is the 'flower person'. She is spending 2-3 hours a day, watering and tending to the hundreds of poinsettias in the store. 

AND...

We have a new display area for our cut fruit which is larger than our old space. Which means more product is needed to fill the area. On one hand it's great seeing people buying not one, but 2-3 containers of cut fruit. And then you realize you have to cut even more!

Since we are consistently #1 in our region and district in produce and cut fruit, feeling great about it all. 

But it hasn't been all work, work, work (it sometimes just feels like it).




I splurged and purchased the Villabeautiful Advent Kit this year. I have purchased kits from her in the past. I love the pens and all the 'things' for enhancing my planner and journal. So I had that to open. Luckily, I was a home soon enough to save my box from the rain where the post office just dumped in, not bothering to even put it on my porch which they normally do.

The most important thing I have been doing this past week it thinking where I want 2023 to lead me. 




Not only am I thinking about how I want to finish out 2022, but I'm making plans and lists for 2023! Which means I get to start filling out my 2023 planners!

I got confirmation of the class I was able to audit for the Spring 2023 semester at UNC-Charlotte - China Through Western Eyes. It's a history of how Westerners viewed China from the 13th century to present day. And it's really interesting because I just finished Babel by R. F. Kuang. But more on the book and my review of it later in the month. Just let me say I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.

We also had our Christmas with Lady K on Friday night after I picked her up. She will be with her dad during the holidays this year. It's fine because there are tons of cousins and friends she will playing with while out of school for the holidays. 




Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 3 books and all 3 were good
  • Repotted some seedlings and put in the reorganized closet with lights
  • Got my new Kaweco fountain pen using a $50 Amazon gift card from my annual physical
  • Went to the library bingo night and won a jigsaw puzzle
  • 'Rescued' the Keuring coffee maker that has a coffee pot option to in from Texter and Mr. Cobra

This coming week...

  • WORK!!!
  • My NaNoWriMo t-shirts should be arriving
  • Ornament craft at the library
  • HB90 Bootcamp has started, so getting serious about plans for 2023
  • Hopefully, at least 3 exercise sessions at the Y
  • Maybe a 'mushroom' class at the County Extension Office

But for now, more coffee, both at home and with me to work!
















 

Comments

Popular Posts