Writing Wednesday - Yearly Themes and Planning



Yes, writing is important to me. One reason why I have maintained this website for so long. And why I have a trunk of journals spanning almost 50 years.

After Preptober, getting set for November and NaNoWriMo, December was set aside to plan out what I want to accomplish in 2023. 

There has been quite a bit of thinking this year. I am in a period of adjusting to my 'new' life. 

After 30 years, the girls are settled in their lives and in their homes. I am, at 65, officially an empty nester. AND IT IS STRANGE!

So have been going through a period of adjusting, which hasn't been easy for me mentally this past year. However, I was DETERMINED to go into 2023 with a renewed outlook and a new look at myself and what I want, without having to take anyone else into consideration. 

I do know 2023 will be a time for turning my NaNoWriMo draft into a rough draft which can be worked with further. But what else?

I have created my 2023 Vision Board and started detailing things I want to do or accomplish over the coming year. And I'm to the point of really working out projects from these ideas and setting them down in my planner. 

But one thing I noticed was how these 'things' seemed to wind through each other. Meal planning involved the 'finance' category and 'health' category. There were really no boxes where things stood apart.

And while starting to set up my planner for 2023, I was toying the idea of having a 'theme' for each month. January, for example, would be setting the plans into motion and getting the ball rolling.

Then I happened to come across a video on YouTube - 2023 Yearly Themes by Cortex Podcast

Ok - and down the rabbit hole I fell!

Listening to the podcast I realized I liked the idea of an over-arching theme for the year and how this broad theme could encompass all the 'separate' areas of my life I was trying to work on. 

SO...

Not only am I DETERMINED that '2023 for Me', but I am setting my theme for 2023 as Year of the Garden!

Stay tuned for more on the Year of the Garden!

 

Comments

Popular Posts