Week in Review - November 28 - December 4, 2022



And boy what a week it has been!

First off, every time I think I'm finally going to be able to clean out the fridge (nice way of saying finally getting rid of the Thanksgiving leftovers), something has come up. Something positive, but still...




Needless to say, I am enjoying the look of my living room and bedroom with the addition of the rugs I scored off Marketplace. 

It's a joy to wake up in the morning and put my feet on a cushy rug rather than a cold floor. 

Plus in all of this I 'relocated' my staple gun and now I can see if I have stretcher bars upstairs I can stretch another fabric panel on to hang in the living room. It's a digital printed iris and will replace one of the Ansel Adams posters I have. I think, especially with the grey, cold days we have been having a large colorful picture will be better than a black and white print of a mountain. At least in my opinion.

Another big score was finishing NaNoWriMo with 50,053 words! I'm taking a bit of a break before I start testing recipes and revising my very, very rough draft. In fact, I tried out a casserole which I have in the book Sunday night which will feed me for the next few days.

Friday afternoon, after the excitement of the rugs, I was squashed.

Or rather my boobs were.

I had my mammogram. So that's done and unless there are some surprises somewhere, I am hale and hearty and good to go for a bit.

One of my plans for the coming months is to learn to utilize my iPad more. More than just reading books on it. I had decided to try my hand at using Procreate and follow some tutorials I had found on YouTube. I have done a couple and it's rather fun. The guy who does them, James Julier, does an excellent job with the tutorials I've found. Plus, with being on YouTube, I can pause the video, work on that part, rewind, listen again and go on to the next section. And his Facebook page where he encourages people to share their artwork, is nice. Everyone (at least from what I've seen) is very encouraging to each other. Nice place to hang out.

My plans for 2023 are jelling somewhat and I can't wait to set up my 2023 planner. I have 'found' my word of the year - but that reveal is coming later. 

The week pretty much ended with the Rosemary and Thyme Herb Society Christmas Tea. It was so nice and full-filling!




The church hall where we meet was beautifully decorated by members. And we had signed up to make different sweets and savories to go with our teas. There was a black tea for the savories and a sweet, apple tea for the sweets. Plus we exchanged tea cups to keep from the party.





That's my tea cup. I love the shape of it and it is actually encouraging me to drink hot tea!

But the best part was the 'Dirty Santa' gift exchange. It was 'dirty' in that you could keep you present or steal someone else's present. 




While no one knows who did what gifts, someone 'knew' me or this was a really lucky draw. I love the scent of rosewater and jasmine. But a box of dusting powder! 

Ok, so I smell like my grandmother - but that's not a bad thing. I haven't seen dusting powder anywhere in years. I'm loving it. (Actually, I did advise I was known to bit if anyone had the idea to steal my gift!)
Plus, I'm excited to try the different teas. 

This coming week...

  • Finally get the damn refrigerator cleaned out!
  • Test one recipe from the cookbook
  • Do my seed inventory
  • Pot up the baby butterfly bushes into small pots
  • Pick up Lady K for her Christmas weekend with us

But for now, more coffee and off to cut and dice (fruit).









 

Comments

Popular Posts