Week in Review - December 12 - 18, 2022



Well...

Yep, it has been a week. 

First, I had exercise classes lined up for the week. "Going to the 'Y'!" 

NO!

I'm a fair-weather exerciser it seems. It was cold and rainy for most of the week and I would just come home and huddle like a great bear in winter.

And speaking of 'bear'...




My totem animal is a bear. Which I really like. People think a bear is all comical and cuddly. And I will eat your face off! But actually, bears are in tune with the cycle of seasons and need their solitude. I can identify (and I will eat your face off!).

So a friend sent me this carved bear. As it turns out, I have a smaller bear out of the Septarian Nodules. So I have a big bear and a little bear. I removed the little one off my altar and they are both sitting on the top of my desk.




I received my NaNoWriMo t-shirts I had ordered. I have worn the blue one and it is so soft. But I love them both and wearing them remind me to keep writing.

And it has been a 'foodie' week also.




Because it was cold on my day off, I made a Dutch Baby with sliced honey crisp apples. It was so good the whole thing disappeared before I knew it!

But the big thing was 'cookie' day!



Cookies for work!

What you can't see is the 3 rectangular containers are on top of a roaster pan filled with cookies and candy.

The following were made - 

  • Peanut Blossom Cookies
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Mexican Wedding Cookies
  • Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Chips
  • Peanut Brittle
  • English Toffee

The sad part of it is normally I take 2 days for this enterprise. However, it was cut short since I only had one day off (co-worker had a family emergency, so I went into work). Therefore, I have enough 'stuff' for yet this much more, if not even more, cookies. 

They went into work with my on Sunday and a large container was dropped off at Texter and Mr. Cobra's home, along with fruit for the sugar gliders.

While at Texter's house - 



Sitting in a tree in their backyard was this handsome chap. What a great way to start winding down the week and getting ready for a new week.

This coming week?

It's the week leading up to Christmas Day. We have already celebrated our Christmas with Lady K (last weekend) and exchanged gifts with each other, so it's over as far as I'm concerned. 

BUT...

Someone out there as said the 's' word. And saying the 's' word, in winter, in the South, means the world goes crazy!

'Snow', especially during Christmas week is enough to make me crawl into the closet until it's all over with. Luckily, I have plenty of food - especially cookie stuff - to tide me over without having to go out. Already, the store is going crazy with people food buying. Luckily, I am already scheduled to be off Friday - Sunday. So there!

Which means I'll be home, staying warm with 2 crazy dogs and attempting to put my 2023 plans in writing, doing some cleaning, doing some needlework, and napping!

But for now, it's off to work to see if there is anything left on my fruit island after a busy Sunday. 

NOTE: Yes, I have plenty of coffee, milk and sugar on hand. Let it snow!















 

Comments

Popular Posts