Seedy Saturday - For the Birds

I had actually planned on working in the garden Thursday and Friday. It didn't happen.

Between processing grapes and a hike up to the pinnacle of Crowder's Mountain State Park with Slider, I was too busy to start on the yard. But with the weather cooling off, it will be happening - slowly.

Anyway...


One of the reasons I am loving my garden and yard is the bird feeder. And with the switch to cooler temperatures, the feeder has been busy the past few days. More so than normal. (I also need to go get more bird seed.)

Lily, the cat, is loving the show from her perch in my bedroom window. It's live TV for her.



Besides a ton of sparrows, I have at least 2 pair, if not 3, of cardinals visiting the feeder. 




And my makeshift birdbath is visited - by more than Slider. I love the fact the doves visiting my yard are Mourning Doves and not the Asian Collared Doves - their almost twins. 




I love my 'upside down' birds. This nuthatch is so cute! And I have a wren which is hanging out in the yard too. I need to hang up two bird houses and hopefully they will be used next spring. And not by black snakes feasting on eggs and baby birds!




And titmouse! 



The bird feeder needs a bit of repair and I want to get another hook so I can add suet for the winter and maybe another feeder. Next spring I'll make sure to hang out at least 1 hummingbird feeder as I caught sight of one visiting my morning glory vines. 

To me, my garden is more than just plants. It's about the whole ecosystem - the bugs and bees, birds, worms, butterflies - all of them. With plans for more shrubs and trees being added over the next few months and an expanded garden for next year, I should have more and more 'friends' visiting for a bite to eat. 




Comments

Popular Posts