Week in Review - September 20 - 26, 2021


I am loving the slightly cooler temperatures during the day. And the nighttime temperatures are fantastic. Cool and just chilly enough to sleep with the windows open and snuggle under the covers. Perfect!

However, it does point out I really need to start thinking about what I am going to do with my indoor plants which are sitting outside on the front porch. Hmmmm...

Anyway...

The past week has been 'grape'. 

As in processing a lot of black grapes into two batches of jelly and 24 quarts of juice (plus some in the fridge for immediate consummation). I also made a batch of raspberry jelly for a couple of friends who love raspberries and this way they can afford the seeds when eating it for breakfast.

I picked up my fall wreath from a talented co-worker. She does wreaths professionally and I was more than happy to hand over dollars in exchange for a wreath I can keep for years. It's so fun and colorful - full of skulls and witchy stuff. Now I need to think about getting her to make me a holiday themed wreath to swap out in November.

Slider and I made a walk to the top of Crowder's Mountain. A five mile hike, tough in spots, but we did it and I'm glad we did. More hikes with Slider in the future.

On the book side, I am flying through finishing some books on my TBR list, plus a couple I have thrown into the mix. I'm really happy with what I'm reading (or listening to) and after what I feel is a drought of good books, I've hit pay dirt. Some really good books. Guess watching those book tubers on YouTube is worth it.

Sunday I came home from work and was really to do a bit of garden work, when Slider flushed out an injured sparrow in the garden. Of course, once retrieved, the closest place to drop off the bird to see if he/she could be saved was on the other side of Charlotte. So two hours later, the sparrow was in hands of people who could possibly save it.

Otherwise this past week...
  • Finished 4 really good books
  • Walked 27.1 miles
  • Made chili and pumpkin bread for Savvy
  • 'Dog Watched' a friend's animals while he was out of town
  • Finished up my canning

This week...
  • Two small batches of soup to eat on for the week
  • Make Slider some dog food (no, he's not spoiled in the least)
  • Q3 wrap-up and Q4 plans (I really, really need to get back in the groove)
  • Lady K comes for the weekend!
  • Finalize my October books to be read pile!

But for now, more coffee, a bit of breakfast and onto the 'to-do' list!

 

Comments

Popular Posts