Positive Focus Sunday - Feeling Good and Grateful!

Mainly because of the hot and humid weather, I have been a bit 'in a funk' the past few days. 

Ok, weeks.

Anyway..

The weather the past few days has been beautiful. I have been able to open windows in the evening and keep them open overnight. Before someone questions the 'safety' of it, the windows which are open overnight would require a ladder to get to as my house is on a slope. Anyone who wants to get into my house at night via an open window will be a bit noisy and Slider would definitely give notice.

So that has perked up me up some.

But the best thing?

FREE STUFF!

I have been needing and wanting a larger filing cabinet, especially as I am ramping up my genealogy research. But I don't want another 'cheap' one and a sturdy, commercial grade one would be several hundred dollars. And I wanted a horizontal filing cabinet where I could utilize the top of it for the printer, etc.

So...

On Thursday, while scrolling through Craig's List, there was an office apparently closing down. And there was a horizontal filing cabinet. FOR FREE!

Friday morning I dragged Texter across town to pick up the filing cabinet. 




The one I was original going for was a 3 drawer one and really, really heavy duty. No way I could have gotten it home, even with Texter's help. 

But while there, and talking to the lady who was in charge of clearing out the office building, I also brought home a new computer chair. My current one was a hand-me-down and brought from Montana and was falling apart. 

So the office corner now looks like this.




There is still a lot of cleaning and reorganizing left to do.

But part of the conversation with the lady was about office supplies. So I got a couple of heavy duty hole punches, staplers and a TON of hanging file folders and page protectors. Plus several binders.

And...





Plus two large Ansel Adams pictures!

I have loved Ansel Adams work for decades, but don't own any posters of his work. Now I do! And they came in some really nice, heavy metal frames. This means I have a couple of blank walls with something hanging on them. 

So...

I will now spend my next days off reorganizing my office supply/craft closet. I have a box and a half of banker boxes, so I will be able to group like items in the boxes and label the boxes and put them in the office/craft closet. It will be nice to be able to open the door and find something easily. 

And working on setting up my genealogy files.







Comments

Popular Posts