Week in Review - September 6 - 12, 2021


It's been a week!

I started the week of with a visit to Urgent Care because I, in my infinite wisdom, thought the warning on the antibiotics I was taking for a UTI didn't apply to me. And I mowed the grass - in the sunshine. And thus, broke out in a rash all up and down both arms. Very, very, itchy annoying rash. So a steroids shot and pills for a few days. 

It's gone now for the most part. But really body!

We were lucky enough to have Lady K for an extra day because of Labor Day. She helped me clean out and reorganize my office supply closet. And went home with a big box of stuff for her own use. 

Because my birthday is this week, I had a coupon for $10 off from IKEA. And the bookshelves I like were back in stock and they are only $20. So I visited IKEA after work one day to pick up a couple of shelves. And some chair cushions for my 'new' kitchen chairs. Since I was going after work, I took advantage of the stop and had lunch in their cafe. And took meatballs to Savvy. Plus, a couple of the almond cakes followed me home.

I decided I needed to 'organize' my reading a bit. Actually, I have been watching some book tubers and got 'inspired'. So I have a stack of books I am committed to reading in September. This is going to be fun!

The weather turned into 'pre-autumn' this past week. I had my AC off for 3 days, it was so nice. I did managed to 'tidy' the front porch a bit and have been enjoying sitting on the porch in the afternoon or evening and reading while Slider ran around the yard. 

Speaking of Slider, he is now 6 months old. And neutered. AND, I swear, has put on about 10 pounds of muscle through his chest and neck. He's going to be a big boy!

I did mark out one of the beds I am going to start running along the front walk. I hammered in a stake and ran some string. Then I set all the plants which are in pots into the area to see what I plan on putting in there. And then stopped. It's going to be a process. But more on that project later.

There has been some cooking going on. I did a huge batch of pasta with Italian sausage sauce and shared half of it with Savvy. Along with some Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Enchiladas. Some of those went to work and some to Savvy and other friends. 

The best part of the cooking was the raspberry jam! It is so good and I still have some raspberries left over and will make another batch in the next day or two.

Other cooking which went on was a batch of dog food. Yep, I made a batch of cooked dog food. My co-worker has a HUGE dog (100+ pounds) and cooks his food. Says it's cheaper than buying bags of good dog food. Will see.

And I made some applesauce (which I need to can now) and juice a huge haul of muscadine grapes which will be turned into grape jelly. A lot of grape jelly!

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 3 books
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Walked 20.4 miles

This coming week...
  • HIGH TEA WITH A FRIEND!
  • Finishing up the jams and jellies 
  • Lady K for the weekend

But for now, I have stuff from the front closet pulled out to really go through the boxes and organize them a bit better. Accompanied by large amounts of coffee.


 

Comments

Popular Posts