Week in Review - August 30 - September 5, 2021



I'm awaiting 10:20 a.m. to roll around. I have a very itchy rash down both arms and am going into urgent care to have them chop them off. Or give me something to make them stop itching. It's a reaction to some antibiotics I took last weekend for a UTI. When it says could have a reaction with sunlight, believe them. But enough about that. 

Last Monday started out with Slider being dropped off at the vet for his 'operation'. Apparently he had large male parts for his age. It was fun watching the young vet tech try and figure out how to delicately tell this grey-haired lady that fact. 

Anyway, no one gave Slider the memo about how he was supposed to be groggy and not feel like doing much for the next few days. Day two had me removing the cone because (1) he wasn't even trying to lick his incision and (2) he was going to do big damage to me with the cone in the back of the knees.

He's fine and dandy and running around like always. I, however, felt I should have been given the pain pills.

A dip in the temperatures had me grabbing some chicken and making a batch of chicken and dumplings. Or pastry - depending on your definition. I used the rest of a box of frozen 'noodles'. I also added a bit of flour to thicken up the broth. It definitely hit the right buttons for the girls and me.

Then on Friday, I threw Texter in the car and went to pick up my Craig's List finds. I am loving all my 'new' stuff. Then we drove down and picked up Lady K for the weekend.

With my new office furniture and supplies, I finally organized a closet of supplies which I had been showing stuff into since the move. It is now more suitably arranged and I think I can find items now. Lady K, on the other hand, had a ball going through stuff as I was setting it out of the closet and now has a box of art supplies, stickers, letter writing items and pens. 

I also did a bit of 'curb shopping' this week. When I dropped Texter off at Mr. Cobra's house, it was trash day in his neighborhood. And on the curb were 4 sturdy kitchen chairs. They do need a bit of refinishing on the paint job, but now I have more than 1 folding chair for the table in the kitchen. 

It was also THAT time of the year - Hobonichi ordering!

I made my order for my 2022 planner setup. This year Texter also wanted one as they are releasing an Animal Crossing cover. I did manage to snag one for her on the first go around. It sold out almost immediately and is awaiting being restocked. However, they aren't shipping my order out until later in September because of the Animal Crossing cover. I'm a bit bummed about that, but will be patient.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished up on eight books
  • Wrote only 2 posts
  • Walked 18.7 miles (but watch died one day, so a bit more than that)
  • Started a new work-from-home job (one hour a day x 5 days a week)

This coming week...

  • Take Lady K back to her dad today (Monday)
  • Sweater technique class (knitting) on Saturday
  • Work some on my genealogy 
  • Go through files and purge them
  • Read, knit and get rid of itchy arms and hands
  • Another batch of peach jam

But for now, more coffee and some cortisone cream on my arms.

Comments

Popular Posts