Week(s) in Review - February 21 - March 6, 2022



It's been a fairly 'full' couple of weeks. Or I'm just unfocused a bit. Probably a combination of the two.

Anyway...

I think the big thing the past couple of weeks has been for foray into home brewing. Not beer, but rather mead, wine and cider. Cider as in hard cider, not just juice that is unfiltered. 

Currently in my closet is honey mead, blueberry mead and blueberry wine. Apple cider was added last night. I am really happy with how the first 3 batches are bubbling away. However, what my new interest is pointing out to me is that (1) it's addictive to create these brews and (2) I need to clean out the under the stairs closet so I can set up a 'fermenting and brew storage area.

As it turns out, there is a brew shop nearby and they are really super nice and helpful. I attended a class on apple cider making this past Saturday. Not only was it informative, but there were also samples. Both from the instructor and from a couple of the attendees. I came home very happy for having attended - and relaxed!

I 'played' a bit with Photoshop to come up with a label for my brews. I'm not there yet, but I have the main idea down - I think. But it's fun working with design for a bit again.

Lots of seeding and seedlings now. It's getting to the point where I need to start moving seedlings, especially the tomatoes, into larger accommodations. Potatoes and sugar snap peas are coming up which is fun. 

Lady K got her first snow cone of the season when I picked her up this past Friday. Nothing spells the approach of summer like getting that first snow cone. Unfortunately, we didn't get bread made this past weekend. 

Savvy has thrown me for a loop which is taking some adjustments to my mind. But more about that in the future.

Otherwise this past couple of weeks...

  • Finished 6 books
  • Getting close to being finished with a piece of needlework
  • Bit of a stomach bug for 24-48 hours
  • Mowed the yard for the first time this year
  • Put up 'barriers' around the yard to stop Slider from trampling plants

This coming week...

  • Banana bread - lots of it
  • Bread making
  • Potting up seedlings (after I clean up the porch to make room for them)
  • Putting some larger seedlings in the beds
  • Lots of reading and stitching

But for now it's time to figure out breakfast and get ready to go to work. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts