Food and Fiber Friday - Rolling in Dough

The past Sunday I woke up to a rainy, cool morning. My type of morning to stay at home. However, I was schedule to work and I was up, doing my normal morning routine, ate breakfast and got dressed. And then I was running to the bathroom.

Needless to say, with an upset tummy, staying at home was advisable. Especially since I work with food. I think it was a 24-48 hour 'bug'. Therefore, on Monday, I got bored. 

Didn't feel up to working, but didn't feel all that bad. So I made a batch of 'Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day'. 

Part of the decision to make bread was that I needed sandwich bread. And was too lazy to go to the store just for a loaf of bread. Plus I wanted to see if I could make a tradition 'loaf' of white bread which I could use for sandwiches and not have to buy grocery bread. 

And since I was making one loaf, why not make a second loaf with raisins and cinnamon?




With the recipe making dough for two loaves, into pans they went.




This is my loaf of white bread. I am really pleased with how it turned out and have used it for a couple of sandwiches. 

Then my cinnamon-raisin bread...




This has been my breakfast for the past few days. 

However...

I am in trouble with the bread making. 

I talked to Lady K Monday evening and showed her the bread. I got a big frown and a 'Grandma!' She is my bread fiend and wanted to make a loaf of bread herself. I told her I had the dough and we would make a loaf this weekend (probably). 

My 'plan' is to start keeping a container of dough ready to make a loaf of bread. Which could be a bit dangerous as I looked at other recipes for different things to do with the base dough. 

But at a few cents per loaf versus the several dollars for a loaf of 'nice' bread at the grocery store, it seems like a thing to do since I am still eating from my pantry. 

Lady K is picked up this afternoon, so there will probably be a bit of bread baking this weekend. 







Comments

Popular Posts