Week(s) in Review - March 7 - 20, 2022

 



Yes, I skipped last week. So sue me. You won't get much except a 100 pound dog that eats a lot (and farts). 

Anyway...

What's been going on? 

Work, up and down temperatures, home brewing, Lady K visit, and just feeling a bit uninspired.

So to simplify things, I am just going to list things which have gone on. Mainly because I am anticipating the next four days. Which brings up the 'big' thing happening.

Because of gas prices and my desire to do more in the house and yard, we put our heads together at work to see what would work. 

My commute is 60 miles round trip, which takes 30-45 minutes each way, depending on traffic. I also only want to work about 20 hours a week. Therefore, we are 'experimenting' with me working 3 days a week, 7 hours each day. This whole thing was the result of finding a stool on the curb.

Because the cutting table at work is about 2 inches too low for me, 4-5 hours into my shift my back starts seizing up. Cool room and hunching over a table and it kills me. With the stool I can sit a bit, or lean against it - in other words, it makes it easier for me to work longer than 5 hours. 

So I am excited. 

I will work on our busiest days and be off, primarily during the week. 

Therefore, with four days off in a row this week, starting today, coupled with temps in the low 70's, I have a huge list of yard to-do's I hope to accomplish over the next couple of days. Wednesday has rain forecasted, so it will be my day of rest. 

But over the past two weeks, I have done the following...

  • Finished 5 books, the best of which was Crowbones by Anne Bishop
  • Made 2 loaves of bread
  • Processed 13 quarts of blueberry juice
  • Processed 7 quarts of grape juice
  • Had a successful haul from Goodwill - ice cream maker ($70), rock tumbler ($100) and a fuzzy chair for Lady K ($40) for $38
  • Made an extra large carrot cake and 2 loaves of banana bread
  • Picked up 21 pavers and 6 timbers from Savvy for my garden
  • Picked up a treadmill and am storing at Texter's
  • Two nights of below freezing weather (like 19 degrees) which meant seedlings had to be moved inside and things covered outside
  • Created a pathway up the steepest slope in the yard to the front walk
  • Planted 2 lilac and 2 yellow rose bushes
  • Started pear mead and pear wine
  • Made a quart of pear preserves (which I am not sharing with anyone)
  • Emptied out the 'below the stairs' closet and moved contents upstairs
  • Set up a 'brew closet' and will also store bulk items in the closet
  • Picked up Lady K and had her overnight
  • Lunch with Lady K, Texter and Mr. Cobra for a pre-birthday celebration at Olive Garden
  • Terrarium workshop at one of the branch libraries

The coming week...

  • Get the yard whipped into shape and mowed before rain later in the week
  • Transplant seedlings into the flower beds and cups for a plant sale
  • Make either (or both) blackberry jam wine and/or Vonbee Grapefruit Honey Tea Mead
  • Meditation and making a 'calming box' at the library
  • Celebrating Lady K's 9th birthday long distance
  • Planning my second quarter activities
  • WRITING!

But for now, it's more coffee, a nice breakfast and then out into the yard.

Comments

Popular Posts