Week in Review - March 21 - 27, 2022



Today I am in mourning.

I got cocky and didn't check the weather like I should have. And my seedlings got zapped early Sunday morning with 30 degree weather. Most of my seedlings, especially my tomatoes were 'frosted'. And since the temps are supposed to dip early this morning, I brought them all inside. 

Now I have to see if any recover and go through my seeds to see what I have left over and what I need to order to replace. My plant sale is off the table now. But I have learned my lesson the hard way. Sigh...

However, I can console myself with more ice cream!

Sunday afternoon I made a pecan praline ice cream. Move over Baskin Robbins! 

I have a bit of cannoli ice cream left, but leaving that for a co-worker who is currently on vacation. The pecan praline ice cream is very rich and I only need a couple of spoonfuls to satisfy myself. Savvy is not happy with me as I haven't offered to share. 

Sunday morning on the way to work, there was a lovely crescent moon. The sky was clear and the moon was bright. It was a great way to start the day.

Since I was starting my new work schedule this past week, I had four days off. I managed to get a bit of yard work accomplished, making a new bed in the front yard. What I have discovered is the days of being able to work 8-10 hours out in the yard are over. Four or 5 hours is the max I can work outside without totally killing myself. 

It was also 'Pillsbury Crescent Roll' recipe week. I made some cinnamon rolls and a ham and cheese roll-up. The ham and cheese I shared with Savvy as she needed a lunch - a no-show at her work meant she wasn't going to be able to grab anything to eat. 

The 'brew closet' has been set up. I put my grow light in there for a bit of light when I check on them. Of course, if I start more seeds it will have to come back out again. 

Anyway, I now have pear mead and pear wine in the closet bubbling away. So now it's just waiting for them to do their thing. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Wrote on Dragon Earth outline
  • Finished 5 books - 2 of which were 800 pages or more
  • Made some Grapefruit Honey Tea Mead
  • Lady K turned 9
  • Worked alone at the store while others were out on vacation

This coming week...

  • More yard work 
  • Checking seeds and possibly ordering more
  • More writing sprints on my days off
  • Picking up Lady K on Friday for the weekend
  • Lots of reading

But for now it's more coffee and a shower and off to work. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts