Bookish Thursday - What I Haven't Read!



This was my pile of books to read in March.

And what have I read?

NOT A DAMN ONE OF THEM!

So I am rolling them over to my April TBR list. 

But what did I read?

I picked up 15 books in March and managed to read about 4500 pages! Of those, I did DNF (did not finish) 3 of the books. So I didn't count all the pages in the books. Of the books I did finish, there was an equal number of fiction and nonfiction - 6 each. Counting myself as a well-rounded reader. 

Another plus for my reading in March was the number of good books I read.

The number one read, and one which I was already anticipating as a 5-star read, was by one of my favorite authors, Anne Bishop.




I am in love with The World of the Others. Period. End of sentence. Unless Bishop really screws up, any of her books will always be a 5-star read for me.

Now for the surprises. 




Pandora's Star by Peter Hamilton is an older book and one which was the March read for Sword and Laser on Goodreads. Plus it was my audio listen as the book is HUGE and the audio is 30+ hours. It started out a bit 'don't think I'm going to like it' and then it hit and took off. So much so, I am in the middle of book 2 in the series, Judas Unchained.

Set in a future based on our present, people are 'rejuvenated' and their memories are intact for all their lives. The world building is fantastic. There are multiple story lines going on, all woven together into one great story. Aliens are attacking. Wormholes for travel. Just a surprise read which I am really loving.

Then something I read because of all the hype with my Booktubers - 





House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas was being talked about because of the release of the second book in the series. So in the spirit of FOMO (fear of missing out) I picked it up to read. Once again, it started out and I was almost to the point of saying 'nope' and pitching it when it took off and I couldn't read it fast enough to figure out The Who-done-it.  

Now I want this book for my shelf and the second in the series. Maybe as a treat to myself for Camp NaNo?

And finally, another FOMO...




OMG! I really loved this book.

The chapters are short and follow the story based on the people living in this apartment building. So you are seeing the story unravel from each of their points of view and how it impacts them. You have the half-sister arriving to stay with her brother and he has gone missing. Plus he's a journalist working on some kind of story. What happened to him? How are the other tenants involved? 

Yep, this was another 'I-can't-read-fast-enough' book!

While April is filled already Spring Break with Lady K, Camp NaNo, outside gardening, a new season of Bridgerton, I am hoping to keep up the reading. Hopefully, as spring takes hold, there will be some porch sitting and reading. 

Somehow, late afternoon on the porch with a book and a glass of wine or mead at hand sounds really nice. 












 

Comments

Popular Posts