Bookish Thursday - Recent Good Reads

After what seemed like forever, I think I have turned the corner on 'ok' or 'dnf' books and have landed on some really good reads. 

The first one, I'm listening to. It's book 2 in a series by Peter F. Hamilton, Judas Unchained




I listened to the first book, Pandora's Star, which was the March read for the Sword and Laser group on Goodreads. The world building is extensive and well-done. The story hooked me and now I have to figure out how this is going to end. 

There are several plot lines woven together for this story, which are sometimes hard to keep track of in my little mind. But despite that, I am enjoying these books. They are really nice to sit on the porch and listen to while I am potting up seedlings. Or cleaning house. 

The downside to the books? 

While there are the two books in this series, there are two more series, for five more books, which are set in the same world and picking up aspects of the original story. Another bummer? Hamilton writes BIG books.

Then there was a new books by an author who is one of my favorites, Terry Brooks.




Not anywhere near the Shannara or Landover worlds he is known for, Brooks has written a wonderful new story of lost and found family and discovering where you belong in the world. 

Then here is another new-to-me author whose book I have picked up as a book of the month choice. And I picked it up mainly because of Texter and our mutual love of true crime. 




I picked it up and it's been on my TBR shelf for a couple of months. Texter has taken up reading and annotating the books she is reading. So I offered her this book to read. She is interested, but wants it after I have read it so she can add her page flags and notes to the book. Ok. I'll go ahead and read it.

Boy!

Shea has a past incidence which has left her with issues of trust. And a 40 year old cold case has resurfaced, along with a chance for Shea to talk to people who were actually involved in the case. But there is something else going on and it might not be a good thing. I couldn't read fast enough.

Now I have to go back and read Simone St. James backlist. While the other books aren't about a true crime blogger, if the vibe is anywhere near this book, I have fallen down a rabbit hole of good reads! I just hope Texter likes it as much as I do. 








Comments

Popular Posts