Writing Wednesday - Morning Pages, Evening Journal and Writing Sprints

I am 'sneaking' this post in before the 9 a.m. writing sprints start. My plan today is to really work on merging the outlines for the 3 main characters in Dragon Earth. It should be interesting. 

In the meantime, a bit of an update.




I have been writing morning pages according to Julia Cameron's The Artist Way. And I have to say over the past couple of years I have been doing pretty darn good about getting up in the mornings, fixing my coffee and sitting down and writing 2-3 pages of 'stuff'. 

What I have realized though is that it has become more of my journal or diary. And I have not been writing in my actual journal. 

Therefore, when I started a new notebook (the gray one) for my morning pages on 01 April, I decided I would start an evening routine of writing in my new journal. 

My 'old' journal is only about 1/3 of the way through. But I am sidelining it for a bit and trying out the new evening routing of recapping my day. This journal is where I am going to put all the extra stuff I like to glue into my journal, something I don't do with my morning pages.




I have also found out participating in writing sprints online helps me get the writing done I want to do. It's sort of an accountability check-in for me. Luckily, the sprints are such you can write or plot. You can write on your novel or you can write in your journal or compose posts.

Today I actually have 3 writing sprint sessions which is good because both Lady K and I are a bit under the weather and are taking it easy.

Let the writing begin!




Comments

Popular Posts