Positive Focus Sunday - 'Woman-Festing'

If you have been following my posts, you know I am really into manifesting a better life for the 'new' me. The one without children (or husband) underfoot. A new 'crone' me. 

I got to thinking about the word - manifest. 

MAN-ifest

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate men. I enjoy men, for the most part. I just don't feel the need to have one in my life. Some of the smartest, funniest, most enjoyable conversationalists I know are men. I just don't feel the need to have one in my home. Kind of like, I enjoy cats and dogs, but have no desire to have a pot-belly pig as a pet. Or a snake. They are all right for someone else, but not for me.

Then, during my brainstorming and thinking, I realized the people who are really pushing me, encouraging me, supporting me are WOMAN. 

So why am I attempting to manifest? Shouldn't I be woman-festing? 




'Fest' is defined as an assembly of people engaged in a common activity.

If to fest is an assembly of people engaged in a common activity and the people I am engaging with for my new direction are women - shouldn't I define, or identify, my current path as 'Woman-fest'?

This led me to think about the term 'red tent'.

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant refers to a biblical tradition of women, when menstruating, to separate themselves from everyone and often, gather with women at the same time of the month. In many cultures, this was encouraged because women were deemed 'unclean' at that time of the month. I, personally, like the Native American believe of woman separating and that they were more creative and more in tune with the spirit world.

To me, it also seemed like a great time for a break and a chance to rest, for our female ancestors. Of course, over time, that tradition faded. And I think to our detriment. 

And maybe, this is all another tradition which gave rise to witches and covens. After all, women were generally the ones who used herbs and tinctures to cure illnesses. And where else to exchange ideas and recipes other than a gathering of women, especially at night, when their duties were concluded for the day. 

But all of that is for another long discussion.

What I do know is I like the idea of 'Woman-festing'. I know I have some women in my life that simply to say 'good morning' to them makes me happy. We can rant to each other. We can giggle with each other (don't ask about newly discovered gardening practices). We support, encourage and cheer each other on, exchange recipes and myriad of other positive things we do with and for each other. Rarely do we slip into a negative exchange of anyone or anything (well, there is one topic, but we won't go there). 

I know, and have done it, that I can call any of the women in my life and they would come to my aid in any way that can. While I do have a bit of what I call the 'John Wayne syndrome' (don't depend on anyone to help you out, stand on your own two feet), it is comforting to know I have a fantastic support group behind me. 




Let's 'Woman-Fest'!



Comments

Popular Posts