Week in Review - March 28 - April 3, 2022



And boy what a week!

Just when I was geared up to start figuring out how to live alone, Lady K comes down with the flu and only wants grandma. So Saturday afternoon was spent driving to South Carolina to pick her up and bring her back to my house.

She dragged her school stuff with her, so she will be schooling from my house (one good factor of school these days) and the following week is Spring Break. So we have her for two weeks. Texter and I will be swapping her back and forth.

I am loving the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day method. And I made a loaf and had a slice. Then when I went over to Texter's with Slider to give him a bath, I took the bread. And it stayed with her.

There was an altar reset for the new quarter of the year. Kind of a 'spring clean' And I did a ritual for the new moon on some things I want to manifest over the next few months. Or permanently in my life. 

Also, I did a food haul and am set for the next month (maybe longer) with quick and easy meal items. Plus I remembered to write up stickies for the fridge so I can keep track of what's in there. 

On the way to pick up Lady K, I picked up a half gallon of fresh South Carolina strawberries - my first of the year. I also picked up a blendie there since I was missing lunch to run and go get here. Win-win!

The kitchen shelf, filled with blooming orchids, is a delight. Especially when the afternoon sun comes through. One thing about orchids is the flowers last for weeks.

I have been doing a lot of thinking and planning and plotting out how I want to change and tweak what I am doing in my life. Which is always something the Virgo in me really loves. Give me a planner, some paper and writing implements and I am on cloud nine. 

On my way to a wine making class (which was cancel due to them closing one of their locations), there was this turkey just wandering around in the road. Not sure what her problem was and I was worried because normally you don't see wild turkeys wandering around during the day, especially on a busy road. However, a turkey is a sign or abundance and prosperity, so for me, at least, it was a good sign. Not so sure about the turkey though. 

In the garden, the up and down temperatures have zapped the majority of my seedlings - especially the tomato ones. I'm sad. There will be some resowing soon. However, potatoes are doing well. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Finished 3 books
  • Meal planned the coming week
  • Made Pina Colada ice cream - didn't like it

This coming week...

  • Monitoring Lady K and her school work for a few more days
  • MOWING THE DAMN YARD before it rains again
  • Pot up the remaining seedlings
  • Make more ice cream
  • Racking the Blueberry wine into bottles
  • Lots of writing and reading

But in the meantime, more coffee and getting Lady K set up for doing her schooling for the day. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts