Food and Fiber Friday - Pecan Praline Ice Cream

I am still in the 'ice cream' mode and on Sunday I made pecan praline ice cream. I used the recipe I found on Fresh April Flours.




It is a bit soft, which is ok with me. It's probably because I added a bit more pecans and caramel sauce than called for. But it is yummy regardless.

Pecan praline is one of my favorite flavors when I go to Baskin Robbins. Just behind Jamoca Almond Fudge, which will probably be my next flavor I make. 

Plus pralines remind me of the hole-in-the-wall Tex-Mex restaurants in Texas where you can find them at the register when you check out. And they are usually homemade. Love, love, love them! 

But Lady K will be with me in a couple of weeks for Spring Break. Or at least part of her time with us will be with me. I'm old. I can only take so much 'energy' and breaks in my routine!

Anyway, I told her to be thinking about what flavor of ice cream she wanted to make as I now had an ice cream maker. Her response? "You can make ice cream?" Child! I have a feeling it will be plain vanilla so she can dump sprinkles and stuff on top.

In the meantime, the bit of Cannoli Ice Cream I have left will go into work with me today for a co-worker. And I will slowly nibble my way through the rest of the Pecan Praline on hand. 



Comments

Popular Posts