Week in Review - April 11 - 17, 2022



Finally!

Rain this morning. A wonderfully cool and rainy Monday morning. 

We were 'promised' rain 3 other times this past week. It didn't happen. But today - RAIN!

Anyway...

This past week Lady K has been with us for Spring Break. Thursday, the two of us went to an Easter Egg event hosted by my local library. The child loves Ferrer Roche. And is really stingy about sharing them.

In the yard, I created the 'banana crater'. It was the hole created when I decided to move the banana 'grove' from the end of one of one of my veggie beds over to the other side of the yard to create a banana tree hedge. Luckily, I do have some containers to empty out of old potting soil into it since it will become part of a veggie bed this year. 

With a full moon on Saturday, I did a bit of a ritual to 'release' some things I want out of my life. Old habits - like eating, spending and procrastination. 

Since I was working the whole Easter weekend, I did manage to create a nice dinner on Saturday night. I am using my Ninja Foodi more and more. So it was BBQ chicken thigh with roasted potatoes and asparagus and some fresh yeast rolls I made. I really enjoy making a 'nice' meal for dinner. I'm worth it!

Also, I got my first harvest of lettuce from the garden. So happy. However, I will have to move some of the kale out of the 4x4 bed in order to plant the herbs I started this year. I really want my herbs to be in one area. 

I also managed to get a lot of the plants I have received and purchased into the ground this past week. It's really nice. I feel like I am slowly actually getting the yard 'organized' and into a place where I can move forward and plan better on what I want to do and what I need to purchase to accomplish my plans. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Walked 20.6 miles
  • Set up my Q2 Kanban board
  • Only finished 1 book (but it was good!)
  • Mowed the yard (finally)
  • Binge watching 'Escape to the Country' and now I want to move to the English countryside
  • Sorted out seedlings which have survived my abuse
  • Planted more seedlings

This coming week...


  • Lots of writing sprints planned
  • Getting a package which has been sitting here for months FINALLY into the mail
  • Mark out and get one of the veggie beds ready
  • Plant some beans in the potato bed where potatoes haven't come up 
  • Start transplanting new seedlings

But in the meantime, it's more coffee and moving to the couch for some stitching and TV viewing on this grey, rainy day.

 

Comments

Popular Posts