Week in Review - April 4 - 10, 2022



And what a week it was!

We found out Lady K had a bout of the flu (light case), but wasn't going to be in school all week. So I drove up on Saturday afternoon and picked up my ailing chickadee and brought her to stay with me for the week. She was happy. Texter and I were happy because we had her with us. So win-win.

It was a week of listening to kid's YouTube videos and a couple of nights of squeezing 2 people and a large dog on a double bed. A bed which is tough for me and Slider to agree on our 'territory', not to mention a third body.

Plus, she had no appetite, so I ate terrible all week trying to find stuff she wanted to eat. 

Friday we ventured out as she was feeling much, much better and we were both going a bit stir crazy from being home all week. So off we went to the UNC Botanical Gardens Spring Plant Sale. A small lavender and pineapple sage, plus a Carolina Sweetshrub and a Mexican Anise bush which we stowed in the car we wandered the gardens for a bit. 

Then I dropped her off at Texter's and I went home and rest for on Saturday to get ready for going back to work.

In between watching and entertaining Lady K, I did manage to get the first round of seedlings which survived the cold weather into cups. I transplanted all the kale and lettuces into the 4x4 beds and moved some salvia out of there to make additional room for my 'salads'. Plus I had to cover up seedlings two nights because the temperatures dropped yet again. Hopefully, that threat is now past for a few months.

The Sunday, I brought home some more 'stuff' to plant.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 3 books, all of which were really good
  • Wrote 2632 words, of which almost 1100 were on Dragon Earth
  • Ordered more seeds (hanging my head in shame)
  • Worked on Q2 goals, projects and tasks and merging it with my 6 Months 4 Life plans

This coming week...

  • Participate in more writing sprints
  • Move plants around in the yard and mark out garden beds for veggies
  • Plant the new seeds
  • Set up my Kanban board for Q2

But for now, it's another cup of coffee and pulling on some old jeans in order to go out and work in the garden today. Tuesday will be 'rest' day depending on how much I actually get done on a very long list of items to do. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts