Bookish Thursday - Size Matters!




Yes, I love thick books! The thicker the better.

This is probably why I read things like War and Peace and Withering Heights.

Give me a fat book, especially with thin paper, and I am in love. Or a huge, floppy trade paperback. Yummy!

Now, I do have some 5-star reads which are skinny. Martha Wells Murderbot series is one. Before the Coffee Gets Cold and The Cat Who Saved Books are rereads and need to be on my shelf. 

But if I have to pick a favorite, give me a honking big book anytime! One that I can't really just drop in my purse with ease. A book which gets hard to hold up in bed. 

I want HEFT! I want 500 pages or more! I want chunky, heavy, solid books. 

Some people look at a book or a book series and when they are huge, they decline to attempt to read them. I salivate over an 800 page Brandon Sanderson read. Is it listed for 30 hours or more as an audio book, bring it on! 

Maybe it is linked to all the tropes of 'slim volume of poetry' in historical romances. I don't want to be lounging, eating bonbons and sighing over some obscure philosophy. I want chips and my feet up on the ottoman and an epic world building tome. 


I Like Big Books And I Can Not Lie
You Other Readers Can’t Deny
That When A Book Arrives In a Big Ol' Box
And A Gorgeous Cover In Your Face
I Get Excited, Wanna Sit Right Down
’cause I Notice That It Was Stuffed
With Hundreds of Pages 
I’m Hooked And I Can’t Stop Reading
Oh Book, I Wanna Get With You
And Read The Next One

 

Comments

Popular Posts