Positive Focus Sunday - Week 6 - In the Garden - Abundance!

 



The definition of 'Abundance' is to have a large quantity of something, to have more than you need. 

With the new moon a few days ago, I asked for abundance in my life. Actually, while I was thinking 'green', I was actually trying to channel dollars, not plants. The Goddess has a sense of humor I think.

But this wave of abundance has also lead to something else - an abundance of new friendships. Like minded women who feel getting 'down and dirty' is a good thing. Whose eyes light up with the idea of more plants and planting. Women who are laughing and with happy, positive outlooks on life. Women who are sharing and caring and always seeking to learn a bit more. 

Between digging up plants from someone who has more than they need and want to share it with others. To turning around and sharing that wealth of plants with others - passing my abundance onto others. Helping to set up for a large plant sale, and feeling the joy and love fill a building. Finding another woman who constantly has her hands and heart in the soil and wanting to share her abundance of plants and knowledge. 

It has been an inspirational week! Tiring, but inspiring.

I want to get around to cleaning up my back patio area and set up a table there for a 'potting area'. Remove 'junk' from the front porch so I can relax there in the evenings. Planning out what I want to sow for succession gardening this summer into fall and winter. Things I want to propagate for plant sales next year. 

Between the car load of plants, I was also gifted a flat of wonderful 'treasures' for my garden. And then at the plant sale the 'golden ticket' item I bought before the sale started on the day we set up for the sale was a Japanese Maple. 

A Japanese Maple has been on my wish list for years. I love their delicate look and how they change colors with the season. Since moving into "Highland Home", I knew just where I would plant one. However, they are a bit pricy. So I was able to purchase a young tree, about 3 feet tall for only $8! It has a lean to it and I know exactly where it is going to be put into the ground and can't wait to see it mature in front of my front bedroom window. 

This past week has reminded me how fortunate I am in life. I have abundance in my life and it is a wonderful thing!

Comments

Popular Posts