Positive Focus Sunday - Week 7 - Getting It Done!

After the past month of what has seemed like non-stop go-go-go, and all the going being about plants, this past week has been a bit slower. 

Thank Goddess!

A make-shift fence has been erected around the veggie garden to keep big-footed animals out of the garden. Maybe if I am 'out of sight', I can use a rake or shovel without Slider barking like I am being attacked. Or playing. 

Friday morning, before heading to Hendersonville and Mr. NCTomatoMan, I did manage to weed what is currently growing in the garden. I am a bit disappointed that the Seychelles Pole Bean I planted have not sprouted. However, I did drop another group of pole beans on the ground and they had sprouted, so I moved them into the empty spot. They seem to be doing well.

Potatoes got a big top up straw on top of them. The lima beans, broad beans, zucchini and squashes all seem to be doing well.

In the front yard, things are going well too.




The poppies are doing well. I just wish the Giant Rattle Poppy had grown this spring. But I'll accept these in their place.





The 'miniature' roses I rescued from the store last year have grown and are blooming like crazy. They are so pretty.

And speaking of roses...




My 'America' rose is blooming along with the 'Don Juan' rose. I can't wait to have the arch filled with roses during the summer.




The White Coneflower is starting to open up. I can't wait to save seeds from her. 

In my planter, the cleome and one of the salvia are starting to slower.





Plus the rudbeckia is starting to flower in one of the beds.




But my gardening list seems to be getting longer and longer, rather than becoming shorter. LOL 

A small chair was painted and placed in the herb garden. Besides having a lot of tomatoes of my own to plant, I have 26 new tomatoes to get into a bed. I want to create a separate 'NCTomatoMan' bed where the special tomatoes will be planted. By doing so, I can better keep notes on the tomatoes. 

Plus, I still have a lot of plants from my plant hauls last week. Sigh. 

I am now officially an Extension Master Gardener Intern as of Thursday. There are 2 Master Gardener events this coming week, plus one Herb Society event. And lots and lots of gardening to be done. Some of the items to do on my list include...

  • Start corn, lima beans, black beans and okra in flats to transplant into the garden.
  • Get all the tomatoes into the garden.
  • Finish the borders around the herb garden

But for now, it will be off to work this afternoon to chop and dice!





















Comments

Popular Posts