Seedy Saturday - Plants, Plants and More Plants



This week has been awash in plants!

Tuesday morning found me at a house whose gardener needed homes for plants she needed thinning out. And off I went, coming home with the following...

  • Purple Iris
  • Spiderwort
  • Morning Primrose
  • Paper Whites
  • Canna Lilies
  • Begonia
  • Purple Oxalis
  • Hellabore
  • And a bit of a couple of ground covers

Then it was a frantic potting up to hand out to herb society members, members of my Master Gardening class (thank goodness they took the bulk) and a bit to the Master Gardener group sale this morning. One of my classmates, @bellmeadegardens, brought me to Valerian plants for my herb area. Love plant friends!

However, that left A LOT for my own garden!




Since the temperatures are slowly rising, I am concentrating on the front garden until next week, when I will go back into the veggie garden. However, I have several hours of work just to get things around the herb garden planted.

I decided to create a border around the outside of the fence. Three clematis are already in. Begonias and pink calla lilies have been planted behind the herb garden. Iris, spiderwort and others will go around the outside on the other three sides, with various odds and ends of flowers, mainly perennials, intermingled. 

Inside the fence, I am planting some other herbs and flowers. I even picked up this little wooden chair I am going to spray paint purple and put at the back of the herb garden as a place to sit and 'rest'. 




Friday morning was spent helping to set up for the Master Gardener Plant Sale this morning. Oh, there is so much I want to get my hands on! Like I need more plants. I was able, as a volunteer, to buy one plant prior to the sale opening. I picked a lovely little Japanese Maple tree. I wanted one for the front of the house by the bird bath. And for $8 I couldn't pass it up.

This morning I go back to the sale to assist. They tell me when the sale opens at 8 a.m. it will all be over in less than 2 hours!

After plant sale set-up, I headed south to pick up Lady K. And to stop by a new 'friend'. BC lives in a lovely house set back in rural South Carolina not far from me. Her yard is lovely. And she loves propagating everything! I came home with the following...

  • Anise Hyssop
  • Lettuce Leaf Basil
  • Purple Basil
  • Hyacinth Bean
  • 'Mini' Mint 
  • Bridget Chloe Lavender
  • Pink Hibiscus
  • Raspberry Wine Bee Balm
  • Golden Oregano
  • New Vintage Violet Yarrow
  • 'Elfin' Thyme
  • And one more which I forgot what it is!

So I have LOTS to keep me busy. I need to not only plant what I have, but set up a potting table on the patio area at the side of the house. But first I have to clean out a lot of clutter and move things from the porch down there.

It's been a week and I am loving it!





 

Comments

Popular Posts