Week in Review - May 15 - 21, 2023



This past week has been semi-productive in the garden for me. I did manage to get 26 tomatoes planted and had my first harvest of kale and lettuces. Of course, I then 'managed' to go get 35 more tomato plants to add to my collection. Boy, oh, boy will I need to be seed saving this year. I need to figure out a system to keep the cups of liquid upright so the cats don't turn them over on my cabinet. 

I attended a couple of Master Gardener events this week before work. Tuesday was spent putting a pinch of seeds into little envelopes for the seed banks we maintain at the libraries in the county. Then Thursday was our monthly meeting with a speaker from High Point University about their new conservatory. 

Friday, while on my way to pick up more tomatoes, I stopped at the Goodwill store in Hendersonville, North Carolina. I needed to delay my arrival for the tomatoes by about 30 minutes. I walked out with a large, thick, nice bedroll. I'll throw that on the couch to help protect it from the dogs. Plus, it's really cushy. I also got a nice set of towels with wash clothes (which I sorely lack), a nice lap throw (which Lady K took with her) and a nice coverlet for my bed. All for $37 dollars. 

Then it was down to South Carolina to pick up Lady K for a weekend with us. She was going to spend the night with me Friday night, but decided she didn't want to put up with Slider and Ruby and opted for going to Texter's. 

Saturday morning was off to the Gastonia Farmer's Market for our herb society to set up a table for the 'Beetopia' event. Area beekeepers had displays up and lots of honey and bee-related products for sale. I picked up a couple of HUGE tomatoes (German Johnson and Cherokee Chocolate) and some dark honey and a Honey Lotion Bar scented with lavender. And drank a wonderful chocolate boba drink.

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Finished 4 books
  • Cleaned out a bed in the veggie patch
  • Got the website for the herb society up and running. Now to fill it in.

This coming week...

  • Should be a quiet week, so hopefully will get the rest of the veggies planted (for now)
  • Visit to the dermatologists to have 'spots' checked out
  • Write a book review for WOW-Women on Writing
  • Work on cleaning the house
  • Mow the yard
  • Start working on a garden planner for the herb society to sell

But for now, it's into the garden for a couple of hours before going to work.



 

Comments

Popular Posts