Week in Review - May 8 - 14, 2023



It has been a week of 'events'.

Texter turned 30 this week. She has also been streaming on Twitch and was made a Twitch Affiliate, so she can start making a bit of money off her streaming game play.

Mother's Day was yesterday and I played in the garden before work.

I also 'graduated' from Extension Master Gardener class and am now an 'intern'. I have a certain amount of volunteer hours I have to get in by December 2024 in order to be officially an Extension Master Gardener. So much fun! 

There was also a road trip to Hendersonville to pick up tomato seedlings from NCTomatoMan. There are several 'secret' tomatoes I will be growing, which is exciting. Now to get them in the ground.

While in Hendersonville, I stopped at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine. I have to actually pass it on the way to/from NCTomatoMan. What attracted my attention this time around was the sign for a 'fish fry' on Friday. The fish was battered cod and cooked to perfection. The mine has also expanded their facilities and they have a 'beer garden' on one side now, so it was pleasant to sit outside and eat my early dinner before I drove back home. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished one book (which was really, really good!)
  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Tomatoes in the ground are starting to bloom
  • Replaced a small row of beans which didn't germinate with other beans

This coming week...

  • One volunteer meet-up to package seeds for our Seed Library
  • Master Gardener meeting with the speaker on Plant Breeding
  • 'Beetopia' event where the herb society will have a table
  • Pick up Lady K (and probably have her overnight)
  • Get all the tomatoes in the ground
  • Sow more pole beans

But for now, making some Lemon Balm Syrup to flavoring iced tea. Also the gathering of leaves from the Lemon Balm 'mound' trimmed back the bush so the Nicotiana can grow better.

 

Comments

Popular Posts