Seedy Saturday - Coming Up Beans!

The garden is having 'Race of the Beans'!

At first, 'Scarlet' was in the lead.


She was the first to put on blooms, grow to about 10 feet and then nothing. All her baby beans have been dropping. Hopefully, she will settle down and start producing.

Then 'Valentine' started a surge.


Second in blooming, however definitely not as many or as showy as 'Scarlet'. However, the first to have 'baby beans'.


Soon I will be picking beans from the garden! How exciting. And Yummy!

'Seychelles' dithered a bit.


Now she is in second place in height and is blooming nicely. Hopefully, I'll be seeing tiny beans on her shortly.

Not to be out done, Mr. Purple Hull as started forming pods...


So far I have picked about six 'Galina' cherry tomatoes. A zucchini, a couple of little yellow squash, cucumbers and some peppers. The bounty has started and I'm already thinking about next year.


Ok, so a boring picture of my front sidewalk. By the end of the day there should be a lovely fence right there. And then I can start terracing and planting the two slopes. 

It won't be done for a year or two. Just a bit at a time. Roses, lilacs, and lots of perennials to allow me not to have to mow that slope!

But now it's time for another cup of coffee and settle in to watch the Tour de France!



















Comments

Popular Posts