Week In Review - May 31 - June 6, 2021

And what a week it has been!

We did get a bit of rain - huzzah! 

But not enough - boo!

In fact, I would watch the rain clouds pass right by my house and drop nothing. I'm taking it personally. (Note: We did get some more rain Sunday night. After a lot of it passed overhead yet again.)


However, despite the lack of rain, the garden is doing fantastic (knock on wood). The tomato plants are setting fruit like crazy. The cucumbers are also doing their thing. My Scarlet Runner beans are literally 'over the top'.

Slider is growing also. In the two months I've had him I think he is about 4-5 times the size of when I got this tiny, little puppy who I could fit in my lap with room to spare. Now he exceeds my lap with a lot of himself to spare. His paws are as big as the palm of my hand. 

Good food was made this week. I cooked up some Beef Stroganoff which was super yummy. A peach cobbler went to work with me. And I still am down 5 pounds over the past couple of weeks. I'll take that.

I recently found out the Little Theater of Gastonia is only about 2.5 blocks from my house! And they have reopened with 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' (seems appropriate for these times) presented by the Foothill Players. Since Savvy was off on Sunday, I picked her up after my work. Unfortunately, a job emergency meant I dropped her off at work and attended the show by myself. I picked her up after the show,  dropped her off and picked up Lady K for another couple of days together before she goes to her dad's for about 6 weeks.

Otherwise this week...

  • Have about 4000 words written between Sanctuary and posts
  • Got the rest of the tomatoes staked
  • Made my first mortgage payment
  • Had Lady K back over for a couple of nights
  • Found a snake skin (little one) shed in my garden
  • Finished one very thick book.  

This coming week...

Busy!

  • Slider to vet for shots
  • Mow the grass
  • More writing
  • 20 hours at 'my' store and then another 8 at another store doing training with newbies for customer service desk (Western Union and Money Orders)
  • Lady K to her dad's for her 6 week stay
  • And of course, more garden watering!

But in the meantime, breakfast, more coffee and then off to the vet's for our 8 a.m. appointment, then home to mow!


Comments

Popular Posts