Seedy Saturday - Things Are Growing!

It has been a crazy week - knocking me and several people off their feet. But I will concentrate on the garden today. Well, at least for this post.

Things are growing well! 

If I can keep them watered. 

And for the first time, I am plagued with cucumber beetles. 


See baby zucchini? See damn beetle?

But on the whole everything is healthy and progressing well for a garden throw together at the last minute since I really hadn't planned to buy a house right now and move.

The pole beans are getting tall. My scarlet runner beans are probably 10 feet long now and becoming covered with flowers. The Black Valentine pole beans are trying to catch up and my Seychelles pole beans a trotting along in third place.

The Purple Hull Peas are huge, but no flowering yet. I have baby cucumbers galore. And best of all...


My first tomato of the season - a Galina cherry tomato!

I did manage to stop myself long enough to take a picture of it. Many more to follow shortly. My tomato plants are covered up with fruit. 

Based on NCTomatoMan, I might try straw bales next year if I can get ahold of a some and they will deliver for me. But that's down the road a bit. 

On the whole, I am very pleased so far with the garden. Squash, zucchini, beans, peas, tomatillos, peppers (sweet and hot), tomatoes, watermelon, butternut squash, cucumbers and herbs are all doing well. Ok, there is the cucumber beetles, but I can squish them right out.

This is a flower bed at Bush-n-Vine's main location. 


They have several beds filled to overflowing with zinnias of all colors. Magical!

So for now, this is the quick and dirty report on the garden. Next week should bring a 'calmer' update. And rain!






Comments

Popular Posts