Writing Wednesday - Not on Schedule, But Coming Along


I have a plan.

And of course, it's not going quite as I thought.

But I am still moving forward, getting a bit further along each day. Or every other day.

That darn thing called 'life' seems to keep rearing its head and changing my plans around.

However, I am counting each and every word as a 'win'. 

So far this month, I have written 3028 words toward Sanctuary and 2126 words for this website. That's 5154 words I didn't have at the first of the month.

Instead of beating myself up for what I am NOT doing, I am happy with what I AM doing. This thinking seems to encourage me to move forward, rather than just throwing up my hands and saying "What's the use?"


It's much like the rain situation this past week. While Texter has been getting rain - lots of rain, I watch the clouds pass overhead on their way to her house. Then I get text messages it's raining at her house (usually with thunder and lightning). 

I have gotten some rain. Not as much as she has, but I have gotten some rain. And I was able to drive through lots of rainbows the other day going to her house. 

So while it's (rain and writing) not as much as I wanted, I have gotten some.

And I got rainbows in the bargain too! 



 

Comments

Popular Posts