Seedy Saturday - There Are 'Babies'!

We have had a bit of rain. 

Well, mainly I have watched it hop over me and head toward Charlotte. 

But we have had a bit. Note to self - I need a rain gauge.

And the temperatures have been in the 80's every day. 

So warmth and water equals...


Baby vegetables!

The cucumber tub is brimming with vines and flowers. Of course, I in my infinite wisdom, transplanted some salvia in the tub and I need to move it somewhere else. Which means I need to mark out my 'beds' in the front and move some of my flowers into those beds. 

The scarlet runner beans may eat me. They are growing like crazy and already hanging off a 6 foot pole. However, they are starting to put out flowers. I can't wait to see what my tub of beans looks like with a lot of flowers on the vines. 


The basils and other herbs are starting to take off. I will be doing some drying of the herbs hopefully this summer. But I love 'fondling' my herbs and smelling them. 


The basils were winter sowed and I transplanted in 'clumps'. I know, based on my results this past winter sowing season, I need to revise some of my 'techniques' for next year. Of course, I lost a lot of flowers due to moving and not being able to care for them properly for a bit. 























All the tomato plants are producing in various stages. If there aren't actual baby tomatoes on them, then they are flowering and almost there. Even ones I potted up on May 11 have baby tomatoes and they weren't very big when transplanted. It is amazing how quickly they 'catch up' with the ones I had potted up a couple of weeks earlier.

Other 'babies' in the garden...


Tomatillos. And I am a little surprised to be honest. Everything I read said you needed more than one, etc, etc. But this one is spreading out nicely and has several fruit on it so far. Savvy may be getting some salsa verde soon.


The 'hot' banana peppers are fruiting. 


Bell peppers are coming along. I need to harvest some of the parsley and dry it. 

The yellow squash, zucchini and eggplant are getting there. The two varieties of pole beans are climbing and the purple hull peas are soon to be flowering. 

It's coming along nicely! I can't wait until I can start picking.

And at night?

I lay in bed and think about how I am going to lay out new beds and what I am going to plant in them!











Comments

Popular Posts