Week in Review - June 7 - 13, 2021


Rain!

We have had rain over the past week. Fantastic! And the garden is going crazy. I'm loving it. Soon I will be picking tomatoes. Lots and lots and lots of tomatoes.

But besides rain and garden growth, there was a lot of work. In fact, I went from 20 hours a week (which is the max I want) to 32 hours last week. Eight hours of that was to cover for a friend/co-worker to have off because his dog passed away. And people are buying cut fruit and veggies like crazy.

Saturday was a 'good' day. You know, those days when things just flow along well. I made some soup with the veggies in the fridge and some chicken out of the freezer. I used 2 quarts of canned tomatoes in order to empty out the jars for this year's canning. 

I also went to a Weight Watchers meeting. Unfortunately, I was up 1 pound. But I'm ok with it. It was a crazy week with Lady K staying with me and then going to her dad's for the summer. But the Saturday morning group seems like a fun fit for me, so I think I may make that one my 'home'. 

When I got home and was looking for info online about something else, I 'discovered' there was a Mid-Carolina Quilt Shop Hop starting. I 'hopped' into the car and went to the quilt store near me to check it out.

I have been back in North Carolina since May, 2018 and I haven't been to a quilt store yet! Of course, I really haven't been sewing, especially since living with Savvy. It was a great shop and I will be returning. Now I'm a bit jazzed to get set up to do some sewing. However, I have to get all the boxes upstairs and 'organized' a bit. Plus I want to replace my sewing machine with a bit of an upgrade. 

However, I am going to hold off on the sewing until fall/winter. I want to get my 'sewing room' set up a bit, which means adding shelving and bins. And a design wall! 

Otherwise this past week...

  • Walked 21.9 miles
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Finished 1 book - Love me some 'Murderbot' (check out Martha Wells!)

This coming week...


  • Catch up on Sanctuary writing
  • Get all the F***ing boxes upstairs
  • Ikea run with Texter
  • Visit more quilt stores for the Quilt Shop Hop

But for now, it's my day off and I have a full slate of 'stuff' to do around the house and outside the house, yard mowing being the biggest. So it's more coffee time! 
 


Comments

Popular Posts