Food and Fun Friday - Stroganoff and Sourdough

I have done a bit of cooking this past week. (And plans to cook several things in the coming week.)

First, because Lady K was staying with me a few days since she is now out of school, we made sourdough bread - her favorite.


Actually, the loaf above is the 'companion' loaf I made for Savvy - filled with little chunks of Asiago and Parmesan cheese. I really need to find another large, metal bowl to cover my bread with when I bake. That, or another large dutch oven. 


Corn is now coming in!

I love corn and picked up some beef ribs from work. Over the Memorial Day weekend I tried out my new Ninja Foodi and fixed the ribs in it. I can't wait to try all the other things I want to do with the Insta-pot feature, the air crisp feature, dehydration, etc. 

Then we were given some mushrooms we couldn't sell at work (the boxes were too squished). So I decided to add them to some beef stew meat I got on sale and use the GimmeSomeOven recipe for beef stroganoff.


And it was gggoooooddddd!

Since it made so much, I let Savvy have a large portion of it for her meals. Yummy!

This morning I will be putting together a large peach cobbler to take into work. Local peaches are coming in and I think a bit of cobbler will start the weekend off nicely.









Comments

Popular Posts