Week in Review - June 21 - 27, 2021

 


Somehow I have been feeling 'fenced in' this week!

I have a fence across the front of the yard now. 

Measuring and calculating the number of panels was a bit tricky, but it worked out really well. I do have a bit of an angle at each end of the fence. But the one on the left hand side (when facing the street) gives me enough space to put the trash can. The other side I am going to slip in a clematis (I think) for that corner. 

But I am so excited. One, I actually constructed it myself. Well, with some help from Texter. The hardest part is making sure you get the 'spear head' in the proper position in order to join the panels and drop the rod down which holds them in place.

Will this fence stop a charging bull? No. But it will provide a barrier for Slider and I can start planting the slope with shrubs and perennials so I will eventually not have to mow the slope! A crepe myrtle on either side of the gate and then dwarf lilacs and butterfly bushes down either side with at least one rambling rose on either side.

It also seems a young mockingbird has selected the pole across from my house to establish his territory from. So from dawn to dusk there is nothing but this mockingbird singing. Luckily, I do have some water out for the birds, so he can some and take a drink now and then. 

The beans are starting to grown baby beans! I should be picking a few in the next day or two.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 19.4 miles
  • Down 3 pounds
  • Did Q3 planning
  • Finished 3 books
  • Made 2 batches of jam and canned 3 pints of Italian Green beans

This coming week...

  • Possibly a trip to Big Bloomers to price and maybe starting buying the shrubs I want
  • Slider to vet for his 'big boy' shots
  • Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo
  • Gear up at work for 4th of July weekend - lots of fruit slicing and dicing! 

But then the 11th of July something I am really, really looking forward to - my friend, Miss C from Cary, is going in for an overnight with her sister. I can't wait to see her and spend some time with her. Excited!

Note: Daughters are nixing the idea of 'heads on spikes' on the fence for Halloween. Darn!

Comments

Popular Posts