Seedy Saturday - It's All Growing!

We got a tiny bit of rain early this week and I managed to put some plants into the ground around the porch and get that whole earlier at least tidied up a bit.


I am loving the sweet peas and can't wait to plant a whole lot more next spring. And my little hydrangea is finally in the ground.


Some of my lilies are in the ground, along with a few hollyhocks. I am hoping my morning glories they will soon start growing and I can train them up the pole.


My Confederate Jasmine and my Montana Peony are in the ground now. I also managed to pop in the bee balm along with them. 

On the porch, are a lot of my indoor plants. I figure they are out on 'summer vacation' on the porch. Two of my new orchids are blooming.







Some of the other flowers I started a couple of with winter sowing are in the ground and are coming along nicely.


My nasturtiums are coming along. I finally learned where the seeds are and the need to let them stay and no 'deadhead' my nasturtiums. Hopefully, I will be able to save seeds from them.


These are the poppies I winter sowed. However, they aren't the color of either of the two types I planted, so I'm not sure what they are. Hmmmm...


My Nicotiana is growing by leaps and bounds. I can't wait for them to flower as they are a very scented variety.


My lilies are budding up. I have one large one under my bedroom window and several in smaller containers. These are lilies I rescued from work a couple of years ago.


Another 'rescue' is this Gerber daisy. I haven't been a fan of them in the past, but this year I am coming to really like them. Hopefully, I will be able to save some of the seeds from them for future use.

The garden veggies are coming along. Several of the tomato plants already have baby tomatoes. Just about every one of the 51 tomato plants have buds and/or flowers on them. Can't wait for the first tomatoes. This year, since I have the room to do so, I am hoping to save seeds, especially of the unusual varieties. 


The cucumbers are climbing like crazy. I will be handing out cucumbers like crazy this summer.


The purple hull peas (front) and the Black Valentine Pole Beans (back) are going gang busters. I can't wait to start picking beans. Hopefully, between the two sets of pole beans I will be canning green beans this year.


My Scarlet Runner Beans are 'running' like crazy. I anticipate a fountain of vines and blooms soon. They leapt forward with the bit of rain we had early this past week. 


The zucchini and yellow squash have started flowering too.

This is the first year of gardening in my 'Highland' home. I am already thinking of raised beds for next year's garden. And the fruit trees I want to plant. But for now, it's watching the tomatoes and looking for canning jars!













 












Comments

Popular Posts