Week in Review - December 28, 2021 - January 2, 2022



Closing out the 'old' and bringing in the 'new' has made for a busy week.

It's been warm and rainy all week. In fact, today, Monday, I really don't want to go to work as the rain is coming down and all I want to do is grab another cup of coffee and relax.That's not happening today. But tomorrow?

Anyway...

I took advantage of the warm, but very overcast days last week and started on my garden areas. One thing highlighted is that I need to figure out some sort of inexpensive fencing around my 4x4 gardens. Slider doesn't pay the slightest attention to the twine I have run between poles.

But on a more positive note, the lettuce and spinach I sowed is already starting to germinate. Just in time for cooler temperatures. But they can handle it I'm sure. If not, I sowed enough that losing a few won't hurt any.

On the food front, Savvy's birthday was also last week, so it was a cannoli cheesecake to work for her. Also, I started my 'eat from the panty' and have been pleased with the results a week in. New Year's Day had me starting off the year on the right foot, I think. A meatless meal! Spinach salad (I don't do 'greens', especially cooked ones), black-eye peas, sweet potato and cornbread. Washed down with some homemade grape juice. A really nice dinner. 

Afterwards I did my card draw for the year. A really big one and it's been interested to interpret and think about. I also reset my altar earlier in the day as I cleaned and aired out the house for the New Year. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 18.5 miles - I need to get a few more miles in each week
  • Finished only 1 book, but have started about 4 more
  • Planted potatoes and transplanted some items
  • Started my 2022 Budget Workbook 
  • Meal planned 

This coming week...

  • Updating my writing projects for this quarter and beyond
  • Pick up Lady K at the end of the week 
  • Bake a 'commissioned' cake
  • Cataloged books on my TBR shelf
  • Cataloged my seeds and ordered a couple of seeds that I 'need' for this year
  • Relaxing with a bit of game play on a new game

But for now, it's a text to my manager to let him know I'm probably going to come in late (the veggies and fruits don't care when I come in to chop them up) as it is pouring and the wind is howling. I at least want to wait until it's light out to see and not drive 30 miles in pouring rain, high wind and darkness.

 

Comments

Popular Posts