Positive Focus Sunday - Let It Snow! I'm Shelving It!



Yes, the 's' word was mentioned in my area. Sales at work have been crazy for the past few days leading up to our 'winter storm event'. And much to the girl's delight, for once I said 'no' I'm not working today or Monday. I am going to stay warm and off the roads for the next couple of days. With the length of my to-do list, I probably need a week off though!

Anyway...

Ikea finally got the 'Billy' bookcase back in stock in white. The white bookcase is about half the price of the natural or dark bookcase. And with my walls being gray and the trim in white, I thought the white would look much better. (Note...they were in stock on Wednesday and are now out of stock on Sunday morning)

I wanted bigger bookcases because I was running out of room on the smaller bookcases I had. I went, I bought and with the aid of a couple of kind people in the parking lot, loaded into the car. While I love Ikea, they have absolutely NO assistance in loading items. When I got home, I opened the boxes in the car and took the pieces out a bit at a time. It works.

So about 30 minutes of assembly, unloading the old bookcases and sliding the new ones in place and I had this...




There are some plants now on top of the bookcases and I have plenty of room for 'expansion'. I love the look of the bookcases. Other than the bottom two shelves on the left and the bottom right shelf, these are all to-be-read books. Well, the top priority TBR books. And no, I'm not ashamed of that in the least.

So the two small bookcases?




I put them back to back and placed them in front of the narrow space between the two closets. The closet on the left does hold my clothes. The closet on the right holds crafting and office supplies. But because the air conditioning/heating vent 'stuff' is in this closet enclosed by a box, there is only space in the upper half of the closet. With sliding doors I can put the chaise lounge in front of the doors and still get in and out of the closet for things.

The plan is to use this as a reading nook. At first, I was concerned I wouldn't have a light there to read by. Kindle! I only have about a million books on my iPad to read, so a perfect stop and I wouldn't have to worry about having a light there. 

I love the new set-up in my bedroom/office. The large white bookcases give me a thrill every time I see them right now. And with it being a snowy couple of days, I plan on setting some time aside to curl up in my 'nook' and read. I did a FaceTime call with Lady K last night and showed her the changes to the bedroom. She is claiming the lounge as 'hers'. 

The only thing I really want now for the bedroom is a large oriental-style rug for the floor. Now that Slider is housebroken, I don't have to worry about 'accidents'. 

I'm channeling my inner Virginia Woolf these days...


A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.”




 

Comments

Popular Posts