Week in Review January 17 - 23, 2022



Two 'winter weather events' in one week just about sent North Carolina over the hill! You mention the 's' word (snow) and the world goes crazy. Produce had record sales this past week, just like we did the week before, with people stocking up. Luckily, the second event kind of fizzled out for us.

But it did mean I got Lady K a day early as her school is in remote learning because of covid - or whatever name we are going by these days. Friday was 'school' on my bed. She had a homework list to do rather than any actual video meetings. And we worked on her 'state' project. She didn't get Montana, which was her first choice. She got Wyoming, which was just as good. We talked a lot about Yellowstone and I pulled up pictures from our visits to Yellowstone. 

In the process of working on school work, I uncovered a stash of stamps! Don't know how I forgot I had all these stamps. So I sat there and sent out some postcards while we were schooling. 

My seeds, planted Monday morning were up and growing by Thursday. Well, not all of them. But The broccoli rabe and one of the hollyhocks were up. Poppies, borage, and another hollyhock are loving their new home apparently. I have the LED shop light over them and a small heater to blow on them since I keep the house pretty cool. 

There was still snow left from earlier in the week and Lady K wandered the yard, eating snow. She so wants a HUGE snowfall - a'la Montana. I have to laugh. If North Carolina got a Montana snow storm we would be closed down until June!

While Kayden was playing video games and talking to a friend online, I rolled up my sleeves and pulled everything off the industrial shelf units I have for my kitchen pantry. Since I had a lot of white contact paper left over from another project, I covered the shelves to make them easier to wipe off if needed. It also lightened up the shelves. 

I also started a box of food and 'stuff' to take to Texter which she had moved into my house. Now I'm moving them over into her house. That did free up a bit of space. However, I had made a Costco run since Lady K was coming for the weekend, so I now have a TON of stuff just for her. Sigh. 

Otherwise this week:

  • Books finished - 3
  • Miles walked - 17.7
  • Words written - 2770
  • Sent in my application to become a Master Gardener in Gaston County
  • Menu planning for next week

This coming week:

  • Hopefully getting some potatoes in the ground as I am becoming overrun with potatoes
  • Fingers crossed - some 'experimental' tomato seeds from a friend
  • Monthly budget check in
  • Working on Cara's outline for her story
  • Reading - lots and lots of reading

But for now, I am filling in at work on the to-go area, so I will be shopping for 5 hours today. In fact, I'll be back in to-go for the whole week. And probably still trying to get sugar cookie icing off something in the house. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts