Week in Review - January 3 - 9, 2022



Well, the first full week of the new year has passed. And boy, has it been a roller coaster!

It has been very wintery here this past week. Low temperatures hasn't stopped the lettuce and spinach starting to emerge in the garden. 

The downside of the week, which might actually turn into a real positive, is my laptop. 

I had a little chain with three clear acrylic rectangles on it which are to be used to wrap washi tape around in order to carry it with you. Unfortunately, the kittens feel they were cat toys to bat around and the chain broke. I picked up what I thought was all of them. So Monday morning, as I am heading out to work, I closed the top of my laptop. And thus, cracked the screen and had a lovely 2-3 inch wide stripe down the right side of my screen. 

Of course, being a Mac, replacing the screen isn't cheap. And I love my Mac. I was so upset. The laptop was still usable, but I would have to 'look' around this black stripe down the screen. And I texted the girls as I headed out about my 'upset'.

As a side note, I am now banned from texting Texter at 5 a.m. unless it is an absolute emergency! But she and Mr. Cobra talked me off the ceiling. A quick stop at 'Tech Support' (their house) after work and I was off to the store to get a monitor.

We had an old keyboard in the closet. I had a mouse I used with the laptop. So the monitor (21 inches) and a USB hub, a few minutes of moving around cords and I was up and running!

Although I still have as a goal to buy a Mac Desktop again in the next couple of years, I now have a very workable system, the laptop mirrored onto the monitored. And it's much easier on the eyes being a bigger screen.

Later this week, I'll have a couple of book reviews on the books I've finished. Two of the three are outstanding and the third one isn't bad. The same with my "Eat from the Pantry" in January self-challenge. 

I have 5 orchids sitting on my kitchen window shelf putting out flower stalks. I think February will be 'blooming'. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Switched by the company I do work-from-home for onto another project.
  • Watched 'Back to Hogwarts' - I can't believe it's been 20 years since the movies started.
  • Pulled out 'Dragon Earth' and worked on an outline for the book(s)
  • Planted one tub with white potatoes
  • Picked up Lady K for the weekend and stopped for dinner at Sonic
  • Had lunch with Lady K, Texter and Mr. Cobra on Saturday at Olive Garden
  • Menu planned for next week

This coming week...

  • Start the rough draft of 'Dragon Earth'
  • Start winter sowing
  • Get a haircut
  • Get a shop light and set up an inside seed growing station
  • Work on the garden outside getting beds ready if it is warm enough for me

But for now, more coffee, bundle up and head to work. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts