Writing Wednesday - I'm 'Stoned' and Writing!

 



Actually, I'm too poor to afford drugs! 

However, I did splurge on these rocks/crystals. 

In going back to my original novel, there are shape shifters. And some of the people can change into dragons. In fact, the main characters, with a couple of exceptions, change into dragons. So I went and purchased a stone for each of the dragons and will have it on my altar when I am writing about that particular character's story.

I do need to replace the aventurine (the green stone) with a piece of malachite for the green dragon - whose name is Malachite. But the piece I found at the store was much large and more expensive than I really wanted. But since aventurine is also good for prosperity, it will be a good stone to have handy.  

In looking up the belief behind malachite, it so matches where this character is in his life. Malachite is supposed to open the heart to unconditional love and encourages change and risk-taking. Really point on without even being aware of this at first.

The large oval obsidian is for another main character, Ebon Draicup, who is the black dragon.  Obsidian is for protection and detecting lies. And since Ebon was just given a castle and lands for his service to the king and is having to figure out what has been going on there and get the situation straightened out, it's fitting. Another spot on. I didn't do any research on stones and their meanings before picking them for the characters, but so far I'm 2 for 2.

I was bumming a bit at the end of last week, feeling I hadn't written much. Wednesday, which was supposed to be a writing day, was spent running to IKEA to pick up bookcases which they finally had back in stock. Then I totaled up what I have written through the 16th of the month - 7995 words! Of that, 3804 was on my novel. 

I HAVE BEEN WRITING!

Part of my self-sabotage is that I don't think I actually write. So since the start of the year I have been keeping track of my word count on both my novel and my posts. In 16 days, I think 8000 words is pretty darn good. While tracking my word count, posts and novel writing, does take an extra step, it is a mental game which encourages me to write more rather than just throwing up my hands and saying 'why bother?'

Hopefully, by the end of the month I will be over 15,000 words. I would be well pleased with that count.

Now off to research more crystal meanings and write a couple of book reviews. 





Comments

Popular Posts