Bookish Thursday - May Reads and June TBR

 I have been avoiding making TBR monthly lists for a couple of reasons.

One is that I have several books on request at the library. So when they come in I need to get them. And then I get sidetracked with other books not on my list.

Another reason is I am reading not only series, but also I discovered a new-to-me author and am reading her backlist.

That being said, I have managed to finish 11 books in May. I call that a respectable accomplish. Especially since I know there are another 3-4 books which I have started on my shelf, I just haven't finished them as of today. 

But in May the 11 books I read are mainly Kristen Britain and Simone St. James




It has been interesting listening to The Green Rider series by Kristen Britain on audio. They are 'big' books set in a complex fantasy world. And I'm really enjoying them. I have not only been listening to them to/from work, but also I'll drop my phone in my pants pocket and listen to them while out in the garden.

St. James has become a favorite in that they are basically solving a 'cold case' from two points of views or timelines. 

For June, what's on tap?




I REALLY need to start reading from my shelves and I picked out 4 books which have been sitting there. Actually, I have already started Jade City, which is the first book in a trilogy. Which means I need to get the other 2 books. 

Anyway...

All these books have gotten really good reviews and I am hopeful I get 4-5 star ratings out of them myself. Actually, I have several series I need to finish up, like Dune and Red Rising and a lot of Robin Hobb. Plus, I have the second book in a series I read as a 'win' off Goodreads coming. 

Mech - Heart & Soul by Ken Deeprose was a surprise read for me. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. And the author reached out to me about book 2 and I should be receiving it shortly. It will go on the reading stack immediately. 

I plan on cutting back on the number of holds I put on books from the library in order to get through the HUGE number of books on my own shelves. Plus with Lady K being around for the summer, there will be a daily reading time for her and I plan on setting a good example.

Let the reading begin!






Comments

Popular Posts