Seedy Saturday - Need to Catch Up!

After going into the yard earlier this week and becoming soaked in sweat in just a few minutes, the humidity has been terrible. And I don't do heat and/or humidity. So I feel like I am so behind in my gardening. But I am sure it will happen, especially since the heat/humidity has gone down a bit and I am off on Sunday.

But this is what I'm dealing with. And it's just the front yard!



















I have managed to dump more mulch on the pathways around the 4x4 beds. And I moved all the blue containers to the far side of the front yard around the large black tub which I cleaned out and am setting up as a water feature. 

In one of the beds, I have transplanted a lot of my flowers, poppies mainly. But there is some Sweet William, Red Cypress vine and moonflowers to grow up the structure in the center. It's getting there.

The porch is my real problem child. I have 3 flats of plants to pot up - as in tons of flowers and tomatoes. And to clear off 'junk'. 

But it's coming along and the back yard, where my veggies will be, HAS to be worked on next. This afternoon will be finishing up potting seedlings after work and then Sunday will be making and planting at least 2 long beds in the back yard. Luckily, the temperature is supposed to be in the high 60's, perfect for me to work in the sun and in the yard.

However slowly things are progressing (and the constant restringing barriers around the beds) it is coming along. Corn, green beans and field peas, along with my tomatoes and peppers will be coming along soon. 

I did manage to squeeze in making a mint container for Miss Texas when I visited her this past week. For Texter, there is a larger container of mints and cucumbers for her water consumption. I just have to get it over to her house. 

But for now, it's off to work for a few hours and then back home to sit on the porch, listening to an audio book and potting up dozens (or hundreds) of seedlings.


Comments

Popular Posts