Positive Focus Sunday - S**t Does Happen

Yep, I did a thing last Tuesday afternoon.

I now probably own one of the most expensive wheel barrows around. 

You see, Mr. Arizona promised I could have his wheel barrow when they move back to Arizona. I, being the patient soul that I am, wanted it NOW! As in I have several piles of weed and grass clumps I needed to move from beside my garden, across the yard, and onto the compost heap. Thus, a wheel barrow would make short work of the task.

On my way back I stopped at Lowe's and picked up a sprinkler. I now have too much garden to stand there with a hose and water. This way I could set up the sprinkler and let it go for 20-30 minutes and not have to water every day. In theory. The temperatures have been so hot I may have to go with a daily watering. 

Anyway...

About six blocks from home, in the heavy afternoon traffic, the light turned green. The line started moving forward. Then the Tahoe in front of me stopped and I couldn't stop fast enough. F***!




The Tahoe had zero damage and he didn't want name, number, nothing. Thank goodness. However, my sweet 'White Knight' has a bit of a bow in his front. And my deductible is $1000. Sigh...

No one was hurt. The car is drivable. I just have to wait for all the parts to come in now. 

So now I guess I have a $1000 wheel barrow. It's really nice and I will use it for many years to come, but I could have done without the fender bender. And...

Mr. Arizona is smirking a little and I have to live with 'you should have waited until we moved'. But it's all good!

Comments

Popular Posts